MCD Newsletter 07-30-19
Updated: Aug 22, 2019
The sport court is OFF LIMITS for parking! We would like to kindly remind you of all the countless hours of hard...dedicated...precise...work that went into getting that court nice and clean. Let’s get back into the habit of parking in the driveway or in the gravel lot again.
"DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY."
SAFE LIFTING PRACTICE
Toolbox topic of the week...safe lifting practice! Whether you are in the field or in the office, it’s important that we all know how to safely lift objects so we can keep ourselves from being injured. No one person shall lift more than 35lbs on a repetative basis without assistance.
That weight limit can change based on:
- Force required to move a load (the actual load and acceleration)
- Size and dimensions of the object
- Number of repetitions (frequency of the lift)
- Person’s position in relation to the load (posture)
Please keep this in mind next time you lift an object:
- Do not lift loads more than 35lbs without assistance
- Do not reach out. You want to position the load close to your body
- Avoid high repetitions
- Avoid quick acceleration, do not jerk the load or twist your body
Chef Roger has decided to share his top secret recipe that he found online. Try this at your next backyard BBQ!
- 1lbs ground beef chuck (20% fat)
- Kosher Salt
- 4 Slices of American Cheese
- 4 Potato Rolls, toasted
- *Special Sauce
- Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- Sliced Tomato
- Sweet Pickle Slices
- Heat a cast iron griddle or large heavy skillet over medium to high heat until very hot (approx. 2 minutes), then lightly brush with vegetable oil. Divide ground beef into 4 equal portions (do not form patties)
- Working in batches if needed, place portions on griddle and smash flat with spatula to form 4” diameter patties (craggy edges are your friend!). Season liberally with salt and cook, undisturbed, until edges are brown (approx. 2 minutes). Flip patties, season with salt, and place a slice of cheese on top of each patty. Cook until cheese droops and burgers are medium-rare (approx. 1 minute).
- Serve patties on rools with *special sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon finely grated onion
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish or dill pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
MCD CRABBING DAY: AUGUST 15th
With the annual MacPherson crabbing day quickly approaching...it’s time to start getting prepared! Here are a few things you might want to add to this weekend’ s “to-do” list...check out any authorized license sales location to pick up your single day license (Dick’s Sporting Goods, Fred Meyer, etc.). If you have questions about how to find one of these locations, just ask someone in the office and we would be more than happy to help! Bring a cooler! Nothing too fancy...but it is definitely a good idea to bring a small cooler so you can store your catch of the day once we are done crabbing. Don’t forget to put ice in the cooler. You may also want to consider bringing a pair of sunglasses, sunscreen, comfy clothes, a jacket, and a swimsuit if you want to jump in with our new crew members!
If you need to carpool, please start organizing that soon. Don’t be afraid to ask if you need a ride. Let the countdown begin!
We greatly appreciate & value the timely response to the leak. And it is especially appreciated to know the damage was limited in scope. Thank you (and the entire MacPherson team)...” - Rick Blair
Good work Jeff! Thanks for staying on top of it!