MCD Newsletter - November 2019
PROJECT MANAGER: Pete
INTERIOR DESIGNER: Kathy B.
APPLE CUP IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!
On Friday November 29th... two teams will battle it out on the field but
only ONE will rise to the top... I think we all know who that team will be.
“PREPARE FOR COMBAT.”
TOOLBOX TIP: POWER TOOLS
Although power tools are AWESOME at helping us get tasks completed more
efficiently... they can also be very DANGEROUS if they are not being used
properly. Use protective equipment and follow proper work practices in order
to operate hand and power tools safely. Here are some helpful reminders:
- Never carry a tool by the cord or hose
- Never YANK the cord or the hose to disconnect from a receptacle
- Keep cords and hoses away from heat, oil, and sharp edges
- Disconnect tools when not using them, before servicing and cleaning
- Keep all people not involved with the work at a safe distance from the area
- Secure work with clamps or vise, freeing both hands to operate the tool
- Avoid accidental starting...don’t hold fingers on the switch!
- Maintain tools with care; keep them sharp and clean for best performance
- Be sure to keep good footing when operating power tools
- Wear proper apparel for the task. Loose clothing or jewelry can be caught
- Remove all damaged portable electric tools from use and label them
*ARTICLE BY ERNwest