WE MADE "THE LIST"
MacPherson Construction & Design is thrilled to announce that we have made the Puget Sound Business Journal's list for "Corporate Philanthropists - Small Businesses." MacPherson strongly values our community and think it is extremely important to give back to the community when we can. In 2019 our company donated $72,406 in Washington state to several different beneficiaries and $122,248 globally. This put us in the top 10 for most "cash giving in Washington state" among many other generous small business in the area.
Some of our beneficiaries include:
- Pilchuck Glass School. Pilchuck encourages new and experienced artists to express their creativity and grow their skillset in the form of glass art. Their campus is in Stanwood, Washington tucked in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains.
- The Residency. This year-round program launched in July of 2015 and was created to help young musicians and artists from low income families acquire professional skills, participate in team work, build confidence, and gain a deeper understanding of their own identity and power. This program helps to give these young musicians the tools they need to write original songs, record in professional studios, and perform in front of a crowd.
- Pratt Fine Arts. Their mission is to encourage creativity and provide access to quality education and professionally equipped studios for all artists, regardless of their experience level. Pratt provides artists with access to professionally equipped studios to create art through glass, metal, stone and wood sculpture, jewelry and metalsmithing, painting, drawing, printmaking, and mixed media.
- Sammamish Hills Lutheran Church. SHLC welcomes all into their community with an open mind and an open heart. They offer various worship styles to appeal that appeal to a wide variety of members of the church.
- WSU Art Museum. The goal of this museum was to become a place where art could be displayed and admired on campus. This museum is continuously interacting with students, staff, and the larger community by featuring stimulating exhibits and hosting programs and events for everyone to enjoy.
If you have any questions about one of our beneficiaries or would like to learn more about MCD's involvement in the community, please feel free to contact us directly!